Brief Moments of Happiness


     Depression rules your life, it takes over and doesn't like to give up control. But there are definitely some days that are better than others. These brief moments of happiness are pretty sporadic, which makes them that much more enjoyable. They can be brought on by practically anything.

    I know many of these moments for me are related to my wife and my dog. There are times that I find myself just staring at my wife and admiring her natural beauty and smiling at how lucky I really am to have her. When she notices me doing it, she gets even cuter, sometimes she tries to hide, sometimes she tries to tell me that she's not as beautiful as I say she is, but these things make me smile even more.

    My dog is a heathen most of the time, but he is the cutest dog in the world. He just sits there staring at me with those big brown eyes and his tongue hanging out of his mouth like the derp that he is and I can't help but smile at how cute he is. The excitement when he sees me after I've been gone for even a little bit is so uplifting it's insane. And the cuddles, oh the cuddles. That is his favorite thing to do, he just climbs on my lap and snuggles up to me at just the right time, like he knows how I'm feeling.

    Of course, these aren't the only things that bring me happiness, but they are the ones most readily available to me. Seeing my family or friends will have the same effect, but that doesn't happen nearly as often (yet).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P - 2 - Really feeling tired today, probably just related to the depression.

E - 2 - This is one of those feedback loops, the depression causing tiredness, feeding back into the depression. Not really any negative feelings, just fatigue today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***

Rejection

Loss